Truth. When I am at an antique faire or an antique market and I see a pile of old books I have to force myself to put one foot in front of the other and slowly walk, not run, toward them. Even though my eyes are fixed on that stack of books like a drowning man staring at the shore, I ignore my fingers twitching at my side and approach steadily.
Once I reach the shop or stall I totally forget about trying to appear like a normal human. I take comfort in the fact that the owner won’t judge me if I sink to the dusty floor and give myself over to the draw of the books. They would never judge me if there are tears in my eyes when I find an old Tennyson.
There are old friends in each pile and there are new friends whispering hello! There are ageless treasures and there are ones that have been loved until the spine is thin.
I love literature. I love that I can be anywhere in any world in a matter of seconds. That nothing is impossible. Literature is a bridge to that part of our soul that longs for creative freedom and for those few precious moments I can let myself fly.
Look what made it back to my dashboard! This is one of my favorite things that I have written on Ornamented Being.
that was beautiful.
Still one of my favorite things on this blog.
- grazedthepoem reblogged this from buffalo2012
- buffalo2012 reblogged this from ornamentedbeing
- plotweaver reblogged this from onevoiceonegirlandacat
- raspailsflute reblogged this from darkmasterplan
- hispeculiartreasure likes this
- ginger-aliens-in-the-tardis likes this
- ctdg likes this
- dimpledcas reblogged this from darkmasterplan
- dimpledcas likes this
- the-poisonous-apple likes this
- sunnymissdaisy likes this
- phantamxrose likes this
- darkmasterplan reblogged this from ornamentedbeing
- crossing-moon-river reblogged this from whitepawsound
- thebloodyqueenmuir reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- elbenreich likes this
- sharlan11 likes this
- manpigsnortsnoroinkoink likes this
- onceuponafreakintime reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- building-dreams-instead reblogged this from book-hoarder
- notenoughsterek reblogged this from book-hoarder
- morning-m-o-o-n likes this
- book-hoarder reblogged this from rain-clouds-of-sunshine
- rain-clouds-of-sunshine reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- estherjilien reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- the-girl-who-waited95 reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- a-child-of-fire reblogged this from queen-of-love-and-beauty
- thebloodyqueenmuir likes this
- abatelunare likes this
- queen-of-love-and-beauty reblogged this from celticrose
- pensierostupendoo likes this
- celticrose reblogged this from the-sky-is-calling
- queenshaylea likes this
- duchess-ryou reblogged this from bakuraslittlehikari
- onedestructivecatastrophe reblogged this from mylifeontumblr
- mylifeontumblr reblogged this from copperjan
- mylifeontumblr likes this
- copperjan reblogged this from sanahwhich
- sanahwhich reblogged this from sa-frauja
- sa-frauja reblogged this from paperr-planess
- seeleruhe reblogged this from gentlemandeerlord
- everythingiveseentwice likes this
- thislifeisntgoodforme likes this
- thislifeisntgoodforme reblogged this from collectalone and added:
- sonnetxxxviii reblogged this from le-bel-inconnu
- avvars reblogged this from babycousland
- lalaba likes this
- babycousland reblogged this from theprincessandthepeacoat
- willownymeria likes this